Sunday, May 3, 2020

Kaylee's Fox birthday cake

August 2018 - Kaylee requested a fox birthday cake. I cheated and used a boxed chocolate cake mix in a heart shaped cake tin. I cut the cake into 2 layers, leveled the top and filled the cake with chocolate frosting from the packet. I put a small amount of frosting around the sides and on top as a crumb coat.

I kneaded some premade white fondant with red and brown gel food colour to make the fox fur colour. I used the cake tin as a template to cut out the shape and added some white fondant for the cheeks. I mixed some black food colour gel into some more fondant and shaped a nose, eyes and ears (also pictured - unicorn ears and eyes, a spare fox nose and different sized fox eyes).


  I decided to add a small fox-red heart to the cheek and small balls of white fondant to highlight the eyes a little better.
Here is the completed cake. The birthday girl loved it!

No comments:

Post a Comment