This recipe I stole from Better Homes and Gardens. It looked yummy and my Aunt had a flush of lemons on her trees so I thought "why not?" I was not disappointed at all. Fresh and zesty and totally moreish.
150g Butter, softened
3/4 cup caster sugar
2 tsp finely grated lemon rind
1/2 cup ground almonds
1 1/2 cups plain flour, sifted
1 cup caster sugar
1 cup plain flour
1/3 cup lemon juice
1 tsp baking powder
Icing sugar, for dusting
1. Prehead oven to 180°C. Grease and line base and sides of slice tin with baking paper
2. For the base: Cream butter and sugar until pale.
3. Add egg and beat until combined.
4. Add almonds, rind, and flour and mix until combined.
5. Press base mixture into tin. Bake for 20mins or until golden
6. Just before the base is ready, prepare the topping: Whisk eggs and sugar together until well combined.
7. Whisk in lemon juice
8. Sift in flour and baking powder and mix well to combine
9. Pour topping mixture over hot base and bake for 25mins or until light golden on top.
10. Cool completely in the pan before cutting into rectangles and dusting with icing sugar to serve.