Short one today. Pictures to come (when I find that damned cable again).
1/4 cup fresh grated parmesan cheese
1 whole red capsicum
1 birdseye chilli, deseeded and very finely diced/minced
2 sheets of puff pastry
1 egg, lightly beaten.
1. Cut the capsicum into thirds, remove the white-ish "ribs", seeds and stalk.
2. Place skin side up on a piece of alfoil on a baking tray. Bake in a hot oven until the skin is mostly black and charred
3. Remove capsicum from the tray, but leave on the foil. Wrap the foil around the capsicum to enclose it. Like making a little parcel. Wrap the foil parcel in a wet tea towel and set aside to cool
4. When cooled, peel the black skin of the yummy sweet roasty flesh.
5. In a little food processer (or with a stick blender and cup) add the grated cheese, diced chilli and capsicum flesh and pulse with the blender until all the capsicum is smooshed up and the ingredients are combined.
6. Brush one square of pastry with egg and smear over half of the capsicum mix. Put the other square of puff pastry on top and crimp together with a fork down the top and bottom edges.
7. Slice into long thin strips, twist and place on a lined baking tray. Brush with more beaten egg.
8. Bake until golden and puffed.