- As long as there is a child about, your house will never be truely clean
- An infant can vomit more than a grown man, given the correct circumstances
- Some kids who will scream, spit and fight their way through every spoonful of a loveingly prepared gormet meal will happily drink vast quantities of bathwater, including soap and their own urine.
- Kids can drink a surprising amount of afformentioned bathwater and suffer no ill effects.
- The best bath toys are empty shampoo bottles.
- Some days, you worry because your child has picked at this and nibbled at that but hardly eaten anything. Other days, you become genuinely concerned that he/she may explode if they were to consume another mouthful.
- Soggy nutrigrain cereal is almost indistinguishable from toddler poop.
- A large assortment of objects can pass through a toddler's digestive system without damaging the item or the child. These items include, but are not limited to: beach sand, glitter, coins (both real and play money), small toys, christmas beetles, tinsel and beads
- The first time your baby giggles will sound like angels singing
- You will never believe could love anything or anyone as much as you love your baby, until you have another baby
- Going out often takes military level organisation.
- Your friends who don't have kids wont understand your actions most of the time.
- A good nights sleep is very very important.
- A mother's work is never done
Monday, February 21, 2011
Things I have Learnt (Part 1)
As a mum I have learnt a whole lot - some interesting, some weird, some downright horrifying. Here is a list of some of the things I have learnt from being a mother of a new born and a toddler. If you don't have kids yet, there are things you can look forward to, if you do have kids, you may be able to relate.