This is one of those "quick to throw together, everyone thinks you're a kitchen genius" kind of recipes. You whip it up the night before, ice it in the morning and you are set for any event. Morning tea at work? No problem. Visitors coming over for morning tea? You are set.
1 packet milk coffee biscuits
300mL Thickened cream
150mL Milk (low fat is fine)
1 packet of Vanilla magic instant mousse
Approx 1 cup pure icing sugar (sifted)
1. Place instant mousse powder, cream and milk into a large bowl.
2. Beat with electric beaters until well combined and form soft peaks
3. Line a slice tin with baking paper and a layer of biscuits.
4. Cover with the mousse mixture and another layer of bisuits, trying to keep them in the same orientation (to aide in slicing later)
5. Cover with a layer of cling wrap or foil and leave to set in the fridge for at least 12hours.
6. Mix passionfruit pulp and icing sugar to a nice pourable consistancy and pour over the top of the slice to cover evenly.
7. Allow to set in the fridge for at least 30mins before serving.
A note about setting times: If you have the time to leave it set for 24 hours total, the biscuits will become much softer and more cake-like in consistancy. It will work with a shorter setting time, but it won't be nearly as good. Trust me on this. A slightly longer time in the fridge (if you can resist the creamy goodness) is well worth the wait.